Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Memories

I really should be in bed right now.

I have plans to wake up around 6am so that I can run 5 miles before my 9am class. (It's all part of a training for the 10 mile Broad Street Run on May 3rd.) For some reason or another, while updating my profile picture on Facebook, I got stuck looking through some old photographs that I've taken throughout my time here at Albright. Don't you love/hate when that (randomly) happens?

Take a look at a few of the memories that I've captured and will always hold dear to my heart. (In chronological order, of course!)


Freshman Year: Dorm room shopping the summer before my first year at Albright! I was so young and naive then! Oh, what a precious picture!


Freshman Year: Ah, yes, an experience that has challenged and strengthened me in several ways: pledging, Greek life, and understanding how it all works.


Freshman year: Meeting my best friend, Nadine Varty, at Albright! MTV came for a "campus invasion" that year!


Sophomore Year: Eagles games+best friends. What more could a girl want?


Sophomore Year: Of course, no student can go to Albright without receiving PANKRATZ PHOTOS! This picture with some of my girlfriends has made the "Albright slide-show" quite a few times!


Sophomore Year: My first "InterVarsity" Christian Fellowship Conference. Who knew that I'd be applying to consider a staff internship a few years later?


Junior Year: A birthday bash thrown for one of my apartment mates, Teira, on her 19th birthday! If you guessed that we're at Applebee's, you're GOOD!

Junior Year: A favorite photo of Erica Rubin (2008 grad) and myself at an Open House-Preview Day.


Junior Year/Senior Year: The "POPS" (Peer Orientation People) 2008 Steering Committee. We bonded since the minute we were placed on a team. Yes, we ALWAYS wore matching T-shirts, too!


Senior Year: I'll never forget the moment of being honored as 2008 Homecoming Queen with Jared Epler, the Homecoming King!

Oh boy, if only I could explain the memories, stories, and lessons learned behind each of these (and hundreds more) photographs. I'm so grateful that I have kept separate scrapbooks for each year that I've attended college so that I can always remember these days. They'll be a resource that I'll be relying upon often as I continue my journey of self-discovery and love.

No comments: