Thursday, May 14, 2009

Arizona, Here We Come!


I can't believe it's already Thursday!

I sit here, bewildered by the fact that it's 12:20am, and that I'm leaving with my fiance and two friends for Peoria, Arizona in less than 6 hours. Adam and I have both accepted internships at Christ Church of the Valley in youth ministry and children's ministry, respectively. (For any of you who attend CCV in Royersford, PA, we too, are amused at the irony of the name!) Because we'll need a car during our internship, we've decided to begin our trip by driving out west for a few days. Another couple, our friends Damo and Renae, are coming to accompany us on the road trip.




I remember when I thought this day was "months ago!" Time is flying too fast.

We plan to make the trip in three days, hoping to arrive in Peoria Saturday night so that we can attend church on Sunday morning! Come Monday morning, Adam and I are headed to a summer intern retreat in Lost Canyons, AZ at a Young Life Camp.

All four of us will be flying back to Pennsylvania on Thursday afternoon (not landing in PA until 1am Friday morning). While our friends need to start off their own summer, I need to return to Albright to graduate on May 24th, and Adam needs to be in attendance at his sister's wedding on May 30th! Adam and I will be flying back out to Arizona on May 31st to return to our summer internship until mid-August.
We have quite a busy few weeks of travel! Thank you to all of you who have supported, encouraged, and prayed for us. God has provided in many ways. We are driving a safe car across the country(2006 Honda Civic), and have both been blessed with enough finances to support us while we're away this summer.

We are excited to share this journey with you! Don't be strangers-visit our blogs often! We'll certainly have much to tell!










No comments: