Friday, June 27, 2008

Answers.



I can't promise that this post will be an easy one to follow.

In fact, I've got so many thoughts chasing through my mind right now that I definitely know that this post is going to be more like "throwing up via online publishing."

Yuck.

With that mentioned, I just can't help but share some of the things that I'm trying hard to reflect on. I think I'll just bullet each one as they come to mind.




  • What is it about "doing ministry" that leaves me feeling so tired on Fridays?


  • Have I been held back? Have I been doing the holding?


  • What does it take to be truly confident in something...or someone?


  • What's with competition? Who started that idea? How did it become so big? Why do so many people seem controlled by it?


  • Where will I be in 3 years? 2 years? Next May?


  • What is beauty? Why do so many girls not feel beautiful?


  • Am I ready for marriage?


  • What are my talents? Am I using my gifts?


  • How long will it be before I figure out how to see myself as God sees me?


I'm very grateful for the conversations that I've been engaged with over the past few weeks. I hope and pray that I will continue to ask myself difficult questions like these and reflect upon them so to grow and transform. I know it seems overwhelming at the moment, all these questions, opportunities, doors that are opening and swinging back and forth...I just need to remember that God is hard at work on me during this time, and that is such a blessing!



Jesus says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." [Matthew 11:28]



He is on my side.



So why am I so concerned about answers?



Answers.



1 comment:

Frank Chiapperino said...

If your heart is right with God, then dig deep for what you want and hopefully what you want and what God wants are the same. Then you have to decide to be ok with the end result. It has been exciting to watch you all grow. Keep it up!