Tuesday, June 17, 2008

the start of something new...again.


I find myself frequently writing that phrase in my journals; "the start of something new."

Most often, the one-liner will come when I've vowed to change a habit or adopt a new "lifestyle change" to make myself what we all seem to strive for-" a better person."

Often, those starts last merely days, sometimes only hours.

This summer, summer of 2008, I've accepted an internship position (along with four others) at Christ Church of the Valley in Royersford, PA. The internship heavily focuses on children's and youth ministries as well as involves the execution of camp/conference ministry. Of course, we can never neglect the "sudden intern work" that occasionally pops up now and then; flyers, storage runs, administration work-no two days are ever the same.

Within this three month experience, my supervisor, Frank Chiapperino, has suggested that each of us interns creates and maintains a blog throughout the summer. "If not for anything else," he mentioned, "I want you to have record of your thoughts and feelings throughout this experience."

Frank's expecting us to blog three times a week.

In previous blogs, I've struggled to write once every two weeks.

Regardless of my doubts, I'm up for the challenge, knowing the necessity of allowing one's self to reflect about experiences, conversations, or just...randomness and to share these thoughts with others.

I cannot promise that my blogs will always be interesting. I do hope, however, to always make them truthful, honest, and although a risk for myself, a bit transparent. This past year has been a significant one in feeling that God's truly been "working" on me to create in me a new image. I have for myself three goals throughout this blogging experience:

1. To feel comfortable sharing thoughts that may not always paint a "perfect picture" of myself.
2. To find joy in disciplining myself to reflect and record my thoughts.
3. To share in understanding how God sees me when no one else is watching through writing about my experiences.


"...the start of something new...again."

No comments: