Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Good Feeling

And I thought I was getting away from CCV with school!

Let me explain.

Really, what I mean is-that it's funny how God can prepare us for certain seasons in our lives by the experiences that He allows us to have.

You see, this entire summer, I worked with a staff that organized youth group services for both junior high and high school teenagers-about 150-200 of them to be exact. Each service was planned to the "T." From a welcome to worship to the message and a closing, each person involved had a role, knew their role, and as a team, we practiced our roles.

Last Sunday, August 31st, I said "goodbye" to my summer internship. However, what I quickly realized tonight-at my college's Intervarsity Christian Fellowship meeting-was that I'm NOT escaping the "oh-so familiar service format."

You see, for one of the FIRST TIMES EVER, "ACF" (Albright Christian Fellowship-Intervarsity Fellowship) held a meeting that contained ALL of the above elements-in an organized way! It was exciting to see God work as leaders set up the projector, ran through the powerpoint slides, hosted the night, presented the message, and teamed up to take "ownership" of sign-up lists and handouts! Best of all-as we promised our members-our meeting took no more than an hour-we were there from 8pm-9pm! I love being able to keep within the time allotment for the respect of the members that the organization cares for.

No, CCV style has yet to leave me. (Quite frankly, I don't think it EVER will.) I've learned a lot from my internship this summer-and I can't wait to continue to apply the things that I've learned to expand the ministry on Albright's campus.

God's got a crazy way of making things work.
What an encouraging night!

2 comments:

MamaJ said...

Oh Melissa, God works in amazing ways! HE chose you as one of HIS tools a long time ago, and you learned so much about HIS plans for you through your internship this summer. I am so glad you had this experience of interning at CCV this summer, and I know it ws meant to be! I guess every mother likes tothink their child is special but there is something I knew fromthe day you came into this world...that was the fact that you were destined for somethin special...back in thse days it was something like Oh...she's going to be the president of the USA...but I love the path GOD has chosen for you so much more..He has led you every step of the way to prepare to be someone he can work through...and I am so proud of that! Through you he will work so many wonders, and I am so proud of you for that because I know you will listen to Him, and do by HIS will.
You rock girl! Keep doing what HE needs you to do for HIM!
Love,
MamaJ

MamaJ said...

Hey "C-4" Cant wait to take you'all out to "lunch"... See, I'm that kind of Mommy who likes to get involved...Yeah! i know...Corney!!!!, but just so yoy know...Free food (Lunch out) is always good... so, give me a date...and lunch'on me!!!!
I love anyone who is my daughter's roomate!
See ya'll soon
MamaJ