Saturday, September 13, 2008

MEET C4: Ms. Teira "T" Jeffcoat



I call her "T."

T for Teira.

She is one of the most gorgeous young women I know. In fact, I frequently tell her that she should be a model! Her beauty, however, is more captivating than any physical feature can offer. Teira Jeffcoat has the inner-beauty of a young woman chasing fast after God's own heart.

I remember meeting Teira two years ago at our campus' Christian Fellowship (ACF). In fact, it was the first meeting in which Teira and I sat down to talk. Since that first get-together, I remember bumping into Teira in the Mohn residence hall when she would be reading her Bible late at night on the third floor. Frequently, her and I would meet on the ground floor to read together, pray together, and chat about each other's lives.

While Teira was still a freshmen, my friend Nadine and I (to be featured in the next post) sought her out as a roommate for "C4." We wanted her to become a part of a friendship that would carry us into our finals years of college-and beyond.

Having T as a roommate has been one of the greatest blessings for my personal growth and walk with Jesus. We frequently find ourselves stumbling into "serious conversations" with each other-conversations about faith, about what we're reading, about our fellowship, our actions, ourselves, boys, courting, self-confidence, etc., etc., etc. We can find ourselves talking for hours. When we're not chatting, T's great company for watching movies, shopping, and "craftying." She's always got the greatest fashion advice (especially when she saves my life by telling me my legs are blue because of blue jean dye), her "jokes" can have you laughing for hours, and her smile is one of true happiness.

T is a one-in-a-million type of friend; someone whom you can only find few and far between, someone who is enthusiastic, caring, and genuine. Some of the characteristics that I admire most about T are her patience, discipline, great listening skills, mercy, enthusiasm, loyalty, and compassion for others. She's intelligent, trust-worthy, and dedicated to her commitments.

What I love most about T, however, is her unique sense of individuality that she carries for herself. Teira Jeffcoat is a woman defining herself by the love God carries for her. She's confident, yet humble; outgoing, yet striving for independence; she's sassy, and yet sensitive. Teira Jeffcoat knows who she is and isn't scared to show herself to the world. Even if she would argue about that compliment with me, she can't argue the fact that she strives each day to better understand herself through scripture, prayer, and a hard, fast sprint towards God's open arms for her.

Teira Jeffcoat, you're an inspiration. I hope that one day my daughter will transform into a beautiful woman just like yourself. You know your priorities and you're committed to what matters most to you. From you I've learned the fruit that comes when understanding one's self through God's perspective, and have strived to pursue such fruit myself. I'll always remember you-not only as a roommate, a legacy of C4, but most important, as a sister of Christ.

We've got a lot of memories to build together.

Love, MJ

No comments: