Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Blogging is HARD.


I've realized that I'm not very great at this skill of "blogging." Seeing that I haven't blogged since, oh, October, I've taken note to how inconvenient it feels to blog. It's always easier to write my thoughts in a journal where I don't have to worry about spell check or if the message that I'm presenting through my writing is offensive. Often, I find that when I sit to write a blog, I'm spending minutes more than I imagined reviewing and revising my work.

Is that how blogging is supposed to feel?

I've regretted not blogging for awhile. I've often thought about throwing up a new story or an idea, but have been too embarrassed by the wide gap that separates my previous "blogging frenzy" with another wasted web page on the web. Oh well-I admit-I'm giving in. Now on Christmas break, I believe that I've found time to write about my thoughts and I'm anxious to do so, so here I am, once again.

I've thought about changing my blog to write about seasonal topics, for example, my experience that will soon be approaching with student teaching. Yet, I'm afraid that even with such an ambition, I'll once again resort to negligence. I'm searching for ways to discipline myself to write, but I can't help but notice that when I'm limited with my time because of my commitment to my studies and activities at school, I'm over too overwhelmed, exhausted, and preoccupied to dedicate time to establishing a "web-friendly MJ."

And then, of course, I can't help but to admit the benefits that come from blogging: the feeling of accomplishment when sharing sincere thoughts with an audience or the reality of self-reflection that emulates when recording thoughts, feelings, or confessions, to name a few. Not to mention, one can gain a great vocabulary and strength in writing skills, style, and voice from blogging. I say that it's easier to journal, yet sometimes, I find myself neglecting that as well! Thoughts are too precious to be forgotton or sometimes, too inventious to not be shared.

So, for all you experienced bloggers out there, I'd love to hear your thoughts. How does blogging become a priority of yours? It is scheduled? Expected? Do you blog in the morning or at night? Randomly? Perhaps I'll work to exercise some of your suggestions. This blogging exercise is a personal challenge for my self growth, and so, I look forward to sharing that growth with others. I admire bloggers like my boyfriend, Adam Flora, and am inspired by his commitment to consistency. Perhaps one day, I'll master the efforts of blogging. Until then, I apologize for any frustrations with the inconsistent blogging spurts and topics!

Looking forward to attracting an audience once again!

No comments: